Personal Injury Lawyer in San Antonio, TX
After spending more than 20 years caring for injured victims as a Doctor of Chiropractic and serving as a U.S. Army Combat Medic, Dr. Louis Patino started his law practice in San Antonio, Texas.
Dr. Patino’s background provides a unique perspective that he leverages to help his clients. Patino Law Firm is a veteran-owned business that seeks to make a local impact to help injured victims. We strive to hold parties accountable for their actions and to compensate victims for their injuries.
Patino Law Firm represents San Antonio victims in various cases, including personal injury, car accidents, truck accidents, premises liability, burns, head and brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, slip and falls, wrongful death, and more.
Reach out and call us today at 210-646-9100 or send us a confidential message through our contact page.
How Our Personal Injury Lawyers in San Antonio Can Help You
Dr. Louis Patino and his personal injury lawyers in San Antonio specialize in helping victims or plaintiffs navigate the legal complexities that follow harm incurred due to an accident as a result of another party’s negligent or reckless actions. Personal injury attorneys seek to protect your legal rights while achieving “justice,” whether through financial compensation or otherwise.
What Will Your Personal Injury Lawyers in San Antonio Do to Help?
- Evaluate your case: Personal injury lawsuits are complex, and each personal injury case is unique. An attorney with a focus on personal injury can help identify the likelihood your case will succeed, how much compensation you should potentially recover, and what steps to take to advance your legal claim.
- Inform you and help you exercise your legal rights: Personal injury attorneys help determine what legal steps and remedies to apply to your case. For example, an attorney can help you decide whether you need to turn over certain documents or evidence to an insurance company.
- Help you get medical care: Personal injury attorneys seek to provide the best care for their clients. Personal injury attorneys work with your doctor or refer you to specialists and experts to get the care you need.Additionally, your lawyer works with medical professionals involved in your case to determine the extent of your injuries and how much compensation you should potentially receive. A personal injury attorney can also advise you on how you should pay or postpone payment for your medical care while waiting for a settlement.
- Collect and evaluate evidence: Courts set strict evidentiary and burden-of-proof requirements for plaintiffs in personal injury cases. Plaintiffs must present substantial evidence linking their injury to someone else’s actions. To do so often involves collecting medical records, accident reports, and witness testimonies.Also, during discovery — a stage of litigation in which the parties search for and request evidence — attorneys help prepare interrogatories, depose witnesses, and otherwise identify any evidence needed to succeed in a case.
- Negotiate a settlement: Insurance companies often try to lowball injured parties. They do so out of necessity to maximize their profits and avoid massive payouts affecting their bottom line. Hiring a personal injury attorney puts insurance companies on notice that you are serious about seeking appropriate and fair compensation.Personal injury attorneys help to negotiate a more favorable settlement offer on your behalf. Your attorney knows what insurance companies and other defendants typically pay for a specific type of injury. They can coach you on whether you should accept or reject an offer.
- Litigate your case: Litigation is complex involving the trial and numerous motions before trial that help guide and determine the outcome. A trial often includes complicated issues that require extensive legal research. As a result, if your personal injury case goes to trial, having a knowledgeable attorney litigate your case can potentially increase your chances of success.
- Help potentially increase your compensation: Victims of personal injuries can recover compensation for a wide range of incurred damages. No matter what stage of the litigation process you are in, having an attorney to represent you and present your claims can potentially increase the amount of compensation you receive.Personal injury lawyers often do not get paid unless they successfully secure their clients’ compensation because they represent their clients on a contingency fee basis. So, it’s in both your interest and the attorney’s interest to reach a favorable result.
- Handle your legal issues: Another benefit of having an attorney is that they can act as the middleman. You don’t have to make or answer calls, manage an investigation, or regularly interact with the opposing party. Your attorney will be the point person for your legal problems. Your lawyer can also keep you up-to-date on your lawsuit and let you know of any significant developments.
Patino Law Firm seeks justice for our injured clients. We work to preserve your rights and assert your claims confidently and adeptly. We prioritize our clients. Our goal is to obtain compensation for your injuries, so you can recover, be made whole again, and get back to living.
If you suffer from a personal injury, reach out for a free consultation. We are ready to take your call on 210-646-9100.